1. Commitment of the Management
1.1 We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information.
1.3 Any changes we make to this policy will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
1.4 By visiting our site and particularly by submitting information to us using the forms on our site or through other means of communication, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy and the documents referred to in it.
2. Information you give us, and how we use it
2.1 The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, and information about your requirements.
2.2 Such information will primarily be used to communicate with you and, if and when we are engaged as your solicitors, to provide services to you. It may also be used for maintenance of our client records, analysis to help us manage our practice, identification and credit checks, legal and regulatory compliance, and for administration and marketing purposes.
2.3 Such information may be shared with other professionals you have engaged and any consultants we engage, for the performance of any services to you. It may also be shared with: search engine optimization, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site; and identification and credit reference agencies when carrying out relevant checks.
2.4 When submitting personal information to us using the forms on our site, you may be asked to tick a box to consent for us to add you to our mailing list, or you may explicitly subscribe to our list. Where you do so, or where we have previously supplied services to you, we may send you information by electronic means about services, updates or events that we feel may interest you. These communications will give you the ability to unsubscribe or you may contact us to do so. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
3. Information we collect, and how we use it
3.1 The information we collect about you may include:
3.1.1 technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, your location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
3.1.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page.
This is statistical data about the browsing activity of visitors to our site, and does not identify any individual.
3.1.3 Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
3.1.4 Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
3.1.6 Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 We may also collect information on how you instigate contact through our site with us and any phone number used to call us.
3.3 We will use information we collect:
3.3.1 to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes;
3.3.2 to improve our site to ensure that content is presented effectively;
3.3.3 as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
3.3.4 to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
3.4 We may share this information with contractors in technical and payment services, search engine optimization and analytics providers, and search information providers.
4. Information we receive from other sources, and how we use it
4.1 We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, search engine optimization and analytics providers, search information providers, identification and credit reference agencies).
4.2 We may combine this information with other information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Disclosure of your information
7. Where we store your personal information
7.1 We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. We store your personal information on our servers and/or those of our technical or software service providers. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, for example, the processing of your payments and the provision of technical or software services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
8. User privacy & data protection
8.1 Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary.
8.2 We hate spam as much as you do!
8.3 We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
9. Relevant legislation
9.1 Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
10. Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be stored to our database at our hosting data center. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within our database until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or you can unsubscribe by clicking here.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
11. Physical and Electronic Protection
We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information. We enforce managerial and organizational procedures for the protection of possible loss, malicious use and not authorized use or edit. For more information send a message to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We limit access to your personal data only to those employees and external associates that work on our behalf who need access to fulfil their loss adjusting tasks.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural warrantees that are in accordance with the law that protect your data and our systems as follows:
- All data are stored at our in house server where all PC terminals are connected via wired LAN Ethernet connection.
- Our servers are located at a safe data room with video surveillance and alarm system.
- We maintain three automatic backups (to google cloud drive with safe encryption with SSL, to a mirror hard drive, and with weekly back up to an external hard disk which is located at a safe location).
- We use specialized software for the prevention of accidental loss or malicious acts (Data loss Prevention-Shadow copy).
- We use server anti-virus και local antivirus to all PC terminals with update control according to the procedures of our quality ISO 9001:2015.
- We use server firewall and modem firewall and also local firewall to all PC terminals.
- Our office’s Wi-Fi has an encryption of WPA2 128bit. In order for a wireless device (mobile phones, laptops and tablets) to be connected to our Wi-Fi router there must be pre approval by our IT manager and access is provided to known WAN MAC address and unique internal IP.
- Our office’s Wi-Fi is used only for internet access of mobile phones, laptops and tablets of visitors and employees without any possibility of connection to our internal LAN network and our servers.
- The access of our employees to their personal computers is via unique personal password.
- Each PC which is connected to our LAN network is connected with restricted and known LAN MAC address and unique internal IP.
- The written communication with third parties, the dispatch of our reports and the receipt of various case files is effected either in person and/or with courier service and/or with email and/or with fax.
- The electronic transfer of files with email is done with encrypted files via SMTP protocols (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). The SMTP servers are protected with SSL, which means that the contents of emails is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit encryption before dispatch via internet. The content of emails is decrypted at the local PC’s and devices.
- All traffic (transferal of files) between our website and visitor’s browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS
12. Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-US Privacy Shield compliant.
13. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
14. Our company’s Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) according to the GDPR is:
Data Protection Officer: Lambros C. Glavopoulos MSc,
Forensic Engineer (Cranfield UK) – Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Company: Glavopoulos Loss Adjusters Inc
Address: 223 Vas.Olgas Ave, GR54646 Thessaloniki, Greece
Landline phone Nr: +30-2310424363 (Click-to-call)
Mobile phone Nr: +30-6947908333 (Click-to-call)
VAT Id. No: EL082738015
Company Reg. No: 121816304000
Why choose us:
- 24/7 Nationwide Helpline
- Nationwide Company, Local Approach
- We Work For You and Only for You